Friday 25 November 2011

What A Way To Start The Day!

What a way to start the day! After a pretty crap nights sleep, the first rays of sunlight through the bedroom window as a I pulled back the curtains brought with them a nice surprise, Bertie the resident Barn Owl perched outside his nest box across the far side of the field. (I guess it could be Belinda, his mate - to far away to tell, so its even possible it was neither of these two) But im rambling now, I had to get the Binoculars out a bit quick as it was to make sure I wasn't imagining it in my bleary eyed state, confirmed Barn Owl hopping into Dads custom built nest box. Triiifffic! As Del Boy would say!

Nobody bloody mentioned that the Andover schools had the day off today! Mini motorbikes, Dog fights and endless Chav gangs - I ended my lunchtimes wander 20 minutes early because of the noise. None of the smaller birds that I'd seen earlier in the week were around and weather wise its been the best day of the week! I did somehow manage to squeeze in a full 10 minute viewing of the Kingfisher hidden amongst the trees, still not close enough for a decent pic, somewhat oblivious to the Chaos around him.

Grainy Kingfisher Proof
Cormorant
Mute Swan
Talking of which "Chaos" was the name of the Rotweiler chasing launched branches in to the lake by some pimple pocked faced Chav! This isn't good, Im beginning to think all my posts have to contain some kind of endless moaning, but I guess I shouldn't expect anything less from the location in which I go out. Other than the usual water going birds, the only noticeable sightings were a Buzzard, Cormorant, a small flock of Fieldfare & a Grey Wagtail. Here's to hoping Sunday brings good weather so I can get out and about around the Estate.

1 comment:

  1. Heh heh heh heh, you've not seen any my moaning posts yet have you Martin, we all have these knob heads to put up with :-)

    ReplyDelete