Monday 19 March 2012

Mad March Hares

With the home move still in full flow, finding time to get out with the camera is proving a little tricky at the moment. However from the time spent working in the garden weekends my new garden list is looking impressive with all these species seen to date :

Red Kite, Sparrowhawk, Buzzard, Kestrel, Grey Heron, Little Egret, Greylag Goose, Canada Goose, Mute Swan, Mallard, Little Grebe, Great-spotted Woodpecker, Green Woodpecker, Jackdaw, Woodpigeon, Jay, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Long-tailed Tit, Wren, Blackbird, Pheasant, Red-legged Partridge, Moorhen & Goldfinch

So when my weekend gardening contract finished at the new place, I thought I might try out an old poaching technique I'd seen recently (Not literally) Calling in Brown Hares, except I shot mine with a camera not a catapult!

Turns out it works a treat, I spent about an hour in the Wheat field behind the house, squeaking, 4 or 5 out of the 15 Hares coming to within 20 Yards of my camera! Several did engage in a brief spell of boxing but remained at quite a distance, Just a shame the sun had started to set as they approached.



I'm convinced this Hare is giving me the 2 fingers!




2 comments:

  1. Hello Martin,
    I just love these photographs. Wonderful pictures of hares.
    Some of these would make great drawings.
    Stew.
    stewcrowther.wordpress.com
    _________________________

    ReplyDelete