Tuesday 19 June 2012

Pembrokeshire - Part 6

If the Puffins on Skomer in my eyes seemed a little thin, the amounts of Guillemots and Razorbills was the opposite. On quite a few places around the edges of the island, the cliff face is crammed with thousands of nesting birds. Mainly Guillemots with the odd Kittiwake and Fulmar crammed in amongst them.

I was quite happy to get up alongside a small group of Razorbill over looking the North Haven, with the sun shining and a deep blue sea it was a pleasure to photograph these fairly underrated members of our native seabirds species against a contrasting background. I just love the intricate bluntness of their bills. 

So that pretty much concludes my trip to Pembrokeshire which culminated in an unforgettable trip to Skomer, a visit that I cannot recommend enough.








http://www.facebook.com/MartinClayPhotography I would be more than grateful for any 'Likes' or Comments on my FB Photography Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment