Thursday 12 July 2012

Flying Things Small & Large

My posts of late seem to become more and more sporodic, as finding opportunities to get out and about, and then finding time to write about them, So I shall start with the shear number of Damselflies on the river at the moment, every step you take along the river bank clouds of Banded Demoiselles erupt into the sky. Although this is great to see, this appears to be the only species at the moment, which is a little surprising due to the shear volume of suitable habitat.

Banded Demoiselle Male
Banded Demoiselle Male
Banded Demoiselle Female
It seemed nearly every saturday cricket fixture towards the end of june / start of july was away and a fair old distance, one particular week saw us venturing to the other side of the New Forest, so I thought a spot of birding was in order and a quick pre-game visit to Blashford lakes, not a lot about in range of the hide, although I did manage some fairly clear of undergrowth Little Grebe shots, not something I've managed before all to well.

Little Grebe
Little Grebe
Out with the camera the other night, hoping to pick up an early hunting Barn Owl before the rain came, I got interrupted by one hell of a commotion, a low flying Chinook flying coming in over the tops of the trees, heading towards the old camp on the outskirts of the village. I might have had a successful evening if it wasn't for the fact it seems to hover, circle and prat about for a good three quarters of an hour.

Chinook
http://www.facebook.com/MartinClayPhotography I would be more than grateful for any 'Likes' or Comments on my FB Photography Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment