Monday 21 April 2014

Finally Some Pecker Action

The elusive Great Spotted Woodpecker, well elusive to my camera and memory card, although well hidden not to disturb any of the other flying visitors to my feeding station every time the GSW comes into feed he or she seems to spy me. Over the course of about 3 and a half weeks I have finally managed to gain the birds trust and although any hint of movement still causes them to disappear instantly. I've found that if I shrink myself into the back of my hide at the first sound of the Woodpeckers call I can slowly manoeuvre my lens into position and grab a few shots without disturbing these striking ninjas. These are just a few from this period throughout February. Including one rather satisfying ninja jump.







If you are a social media user, Feel free to follow me on Facebook or Twitter for up to date sightings & photographs, any 'Comments & Criticisms' are welcomed.
Facebook  •  Twitter  

No comments:

Post a Comment