Sunday 16 September 2012

Moth Trapping - August 2012


With a few days of fair weather set in the middle of August, It was another good opportunity to get out the Moth trap and setup on the lawn, again I failed to write down all the species we caught but I did manage to utilise the new Macro lens on some fairly interesting moths. Brimstone, Sharp Angled Peacock, Swallow Prominent, Ruby Tiger, Sallow Kitten, Grey Dagger & my favourite yet The Drinker. Which just looks like its something from a different planet. There was one however that my sister or I couldn't ID, the 2 pics from the end if anyone has any idea, for the time being I've nicknamed it the Buffalo Moth.

The Drinker
Brimstone 
Sharp Angled Peacock
Swallow Prominent
Ruby Tiger
Sallow Kitten
??
??
Grey Dagger
http://www.facebook.com/MartinClayPhotography Up to date pictures and sightings, prior to me getting around to writing these blog posts, Look out for a free give away soon as well.
I would be more than grateful for any 'Likes' or Comments on my FB Photography Page too so feel free to comment or criticise about anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment