Thursday 27 December 2012

Harbridge Buzzard

Leaving Blashford I thought we would have a quick pit stop in Harbridge, a small village near the River Avon. The river usually breaks its banks in the winter months and the water meadows are completely flooded and covered in various wading birds and Swans.

I had timed it right the overnight rain had added to the flooded meadows and also the village road, so pulling over on the bridge I had a good scan with my binoculars as the rain started to come down.

A few Mute Swans, a male Reed Bunting and distant flushed Snipe along with a lone Buzzard where the only birds of note.

Wet Buzzard

http://www.facebook.com/MartinClayPhotography Up to date pictures and sightings, prior to me getting around to writing these blog posts, I would be more than grateful for any 'Likes' or Comments on my FB Photography Page too so feel free to comment or criticise about anything.



No comments:

Post a Comment