Wednesday 14 December 2011

What You Looking At...

Snow, Sun, Rain, Hail all before 12pm I was a little apprehensive as to how wet and cold I might get on today's lunchtime excursion to Anton Lakes. Luckily it stayed dry, and wasn't too cold, to be fair its probably warmer outside than in the office at the moment. 2 Days with no heating is starting to take its toll.

My walk was pretty short today, not a lot showing up, I'm guessing this is due to the colder weather beginning to creep in, with a lot of Birds heading to Gardens for a feast on the Bird tables of Hampshire.
I did however see, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Long Tailed Tit, Wren, Blackbird, Chaffinch, Goldfinch, Song Trush, Redwing, Kingfisher, Mute Swan, Tufted Duck, Black Headed Gull, Gadwall, Mallard, Coot, Little Grebe, Moorhen & Canada Goose.


Swan Portrait
Black Headed Gull
Redwing
Cygnet
I did almost have a rather funny altercation with 3 Hooded Youths, now with out being Stereotypical or even Racist they were Black and looked like my camera was in danger of thievery, after forcing me to walk on the grass as they hogged the path, I was verbally assaulted with "What you looking at...." In a rather menacing and accusing tone, as I looked back down the path at the Small flock of Redwings crossing from the Tree-line to the nearest hedgerow. Now lets be honest, even if I was delusional enough to be taking pics of passer-by's I wouldn't be doing so in Wellington's or a Camo Jacket. But hey ho thats Andover. Im just so glad they weren't closer to me because in such situations when confronted by ridiculous looking people Im more than likely to start laughing.

1 comment: