Monday 6 August 2012

Summer Holidays

The river lately seems to be lacking a little in wildlife, maybe its the middle months of the year, that the birds and mammals seem to take a holiday too, and leaves me working extra hard and ranging even further for something to photograph. One particular effort on a rare sunny evening was to silent stalk a Roe Doe and her fawn along the opposite side of the river bank, as they munched away on the surrounding plant life, I tried my best to keep as still and silent as possible, hoping to get them in a nice clear spot with the sunlight shining on them both. I did manage it after about half an hour, just starting to snap away when I here someone walking behind me, typically at that precise moment a dog walker is coming up the path behind me, I look back, Roe Deer gone! I have seen them both a couple of times since but only at a distance out in the water meadows.

Roe Doe
Roe Fawn
Roe F awn
The one constant source of photography material on the river however is the Mute Swan, there are 3 families on about a mile stretch, its just the case of trying to take some interesting shots of them, I quite like the black and white conversion even though it was shot at a high ISO. The second Swan shot was taken in some gorgeous late evening sunshine.

Mute Swan
Mute Swans
A brief Mallard duckling update to show how they are growing up, now banned from the garden by my dad as I quote "they are big enough to feed themselves now, I don't need them shitting all over the patio and the lawn." He was the one who encouraged it to start with!

Mallard Ducklings
http://www.facebook.com/MartinClayPhotography I would be more than grateful for any 'Likes' or Comments on my FB Photography Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment