Friday 1 November 2013

Highland Wildlife - April 2013

With nice weather during our stay, I had hoped for a few stunning wildlife encounters, however both bird and mammal species proved to be quite elusive. I did however spend a fair bit of time at close proximity to Red Squirrels at Glen Righ Woods, and during the course of the week I managed to get quite personal with an ever increasingly trusting Great Northern Diver who end up fishing less than 10ft away from me, as I lay prone at the edge of Loch Linnhe.

Common Gull
Antler-less Red Stag
Red Hind 
Female Stonechat 
Summer Plumage Great Northern Diver
Red Squirrel




Great Northern Diver 


Herring Gull
Common Gull
If you are a social media user, Feel free to follow me on Facebook or Twitter for up to date sightings & photographs, any 'Comments & Criticisms' are welcomed.
Facebook  •  Twitter  

No comments:

Post a Comment